According to the census information provided independently by two of his children, Mr. Cox was born in New Jersey. There are a few other clues I’m researching to help me find more about this ancestor:
- Based on the years that two of his children were born he may have been between 1750 & 1790 in New Jersey
- His daughter Sarah Cox was born on April 28, 1811 in New Jersey
- His son John Cox born was born March 8, 1813 in New Jersey
- Possibly moved to Butler, County, Ohio before 1831
- His daughter Sarah Cox married James Hindman on March 17, 1831 in Butler County, Ohio
- His son John Cox married Martha Hindman (sister of James Hindman who married Sarah Cox) on January 10, 1836.
I’ve researched the lines of both Mr. Cox’s known children but so far the details of his life, even learning his given name, are unknown.
Mr. Cox was my biological 4th great grandfather on my father’s side.
No Story Too Small offered a challenge: have one blog post each week devoted to a specific ancestor. It could be a story, a biography, a photograph, an outline of a research problem — anything that focuses on one ancestor. Each of my posts for this challenge will include in the title “52 Ancestors Challenge” and will have the tag of 52Ancestors.